Our association has a limited number of awards which are presented at our End of Season Life Member’s Luncheon each year. All recipients of these awards are all thoroughly deserving and we congratulate all members who have etched their name into the history of CBDRLRA!
All awards are categorised as follows:
- Leo Randle Award – presented to a Member who has shown considerable commitment and efforts towards the association over a minimum of 25 years.
- Matthews-Styles Award – presented to a new member (having not refereed before), who is in their first full season. It is measured on training and meeting attendance, on field performance and social functions attendance.
- Archer-Garwood Award – The award is a ‘Members’ Member’ award and is awarded to a member who has shown outstanding contribution to the Association within that calendar year. This award is voted on purely by the members and all members are eligible to win.
- Clubb-Johnson Trophy – The Clubb-Johnson trophy is awarded each year to the referee who finishes the season ranked number one, therefore refereeing the highest Grand Final possible.
- Farrelly-Dick Trophy – The John Farrelly-Reg Dick Trophy is awarded each season to the most improved referee. This award is named after 2 former Life Members and is chosen by the Director of Referees.
- Bankstown RSL Touch Judge of the Year – This award is voted on performance of Touch Judges throughout the season, as well as training attendance and commitment. The Director of Referees and Advisory Board vote on this award.
- First National Daystar Trainer of the Year – This award is voted on by the Training Co-ordinator and Executive, and is judged on commitment and effort to association training throughout the season.
- Yvette Hassarati Trophy – The Yvette Hassarati Trophy was introduced by the Committee in 2023 and recognizes Honorary Member for Life Yvette Hassarati and the contribution Yvette has made not only to our Association, but the broader game of rugby league.The award is a presented each season to the referee who officiates the highest Women’s Grand Final in district. The inaugural winner was Rami Abu Mansour.